Ag MBA Internships at Western Milling in Canada.
|Job Title||:||Feed Safety & Quality Intern|
|Number of Openings||:||1|
|Job Locations||:||Goshen, CA|
|Job End Date||:||8/1/2016|
|Employment Type||:||Internship 60-90 days|
|Schedule||:||Monday through Friday, 7:00am - 4:00pm, occasional weekend|
|Start date||:||June 1, 2016|
|End date||:||Flexible (duration of internship 60-90 days)|
|Compensation||:||DOE (range starts at minimum wage)|
|Basic Function of This Position||:||This is an internship position designed to expose the employee to the feed industry for their continued learning, as well as assist the company in executing necessary Feed Safety & Quality tasks and projects.|
|Responsibilities||:||- Primary Focus: Exposure to and provide assistance in developing feed safety quality management system at direction of company quality staff. Deep dive into the Food Safety Modernization Act. Opportunity to work with multiple sites and managers.|
- Develop, document and assist in program implementation to improve identified target areas within a Feed Safety focus.
1. Quality program tasks
2. Procedure writing and development
3. Flow chart creation
4. Hazard analysis development for multiple sites
|Qualifications and Competencies||:||The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability necessary to perform this job successfully|
|Education/Experience||:||Must be currently attending an in-state college in pursuit of a 4 year degree or certification.
Background in Agribusiness, Quality, and/or Production preferred but not required.|
A high school diploma, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
|Skills||:||Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Access) with emphasis on Excel, or other spreadsheet relevant experience.|
Ability to manage multiple priorities & daily work load according to project/assignment deadline while meeting expectations of quality work.
Ability to work independently as necessary.
|Physical Requirements||:||- Frequently climbs ladders; occasionally works at heights of 100 feet.|
- Occasionally lifts 20-pounds.
- Regularly lifts 100-pounds with assistance from co-worker.
- Regularly moves items weighing up to 10 pounds, and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently required to: sit for prolonged periods of time, reach for/manipulate standard office equipment, communicate with various staff and/or reach for and manipulate objects.
- Must be able to perform repetitive motion activities, such as typing, on a regular basis.